Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Cactus

This week for a different task for the summer learning journey. We had to solve how much water that the cactus drink 3ml a day and we had to solve the answer for the problem. So I searched up the answer on google for 3ml and I times it by 3 and I think the answer it 900ml a year for cactus drinking water every year. What I did was searched up how many days in a year and it told me how much it was then I multiply a number and it was 300 times 3 and I got the answer 900 and I think the answer is 900ml or it can be a different answer but atleast I tryed to figure out the answer. I learnt how to make a screenshot of the cactus image and then solve the problem of 3ml water they drink every year and day.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Miiana, it's Billy from the Summer Learning Journey team. I have enjoyed reading your thought process for the cacti maths problem.

    Well done, you've made a great attempt. We just need to multiply 3 by 365, because there are 365 days in a year.

    So the easiest way is to separate 365 into 300, 60 and 5.

    Then multiply each number by 3.

    We get 900, 180, and 15.

    Then we simply add them all together and our answer is 1095mls.

    I hope that helps.
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Miiana,
    That's great you have made a blog post on the summer learning journey! Wow your answer was pretty close to my answer. I'm just wondering how many blog posts have you done?


    Keep it up Miiana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miiana!
    You have done such a great job last year. This blog post looks detailed. I think you should separate the activity and the blurb so that it is more visible for your readers to see. How long did it take you to figure out this answer? Keep the work up! - Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miiana! Well done on working out this equation. I like how you included your proof of the answers. Was it difficult working out the problem? Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.